Cleaning Team Member
Purpose of the Role: Responsible for the cleanliness of client’s homes.
The following list illustrates the types of duties that an Ironing Operative may be required to undertake.
Staff are required:
- To be depended on to arrive at work at the prescribed time each day, knowing full well that tardiness and absences from work will place hardship on fellow team members and disrupt client cleaning schedules.
- To perform various cleaning activities, to include cleaning bathrooms, bathroom fixtures, showers and baths, and including washing floors, cleaning kitchens, ovens, vacuuming carpets, dusting, polishing and other cleaning-related activities in accordance with instructions given by the Service Manager and ensure that high company standards are maintained.
- To report any broken items, accidents or injuries promptly to your Line Manager.
- To move couches, chairs and other furniture as needed, subject to their prior assessment.
- To secure homes, including locking doors and windows, and activating alarms, without letting pets out and ensuring you have left the property in a safe and secure manner.
- To report any security or safety issues to your line Manager immediately.
- To report any emergency maintenance problems to include toilets and other water fixtures to your line Manager immediately.
- To wear appropriate uniform and personal protective equipment in accordance with the job you are performing.
- To learn specific cleaning techniques of the company based on time and motion. Work smarter, not harder.
- To attend and participate in meetings as requested by your Line Manager, Service Manager, or Owner.
- To understand and adhere to procedures as established in the Handbook and which may be revised from time to time.
- If employed with a requirement as a Driver, to drive yourself and other staff to the daily jobs in a clean and maintained vehicle, ensuring that your vehicle meets all legal requirements and is properly insured.
- To communicate effectively and appropriately with team members, managers, colleagues and clients.
- To pPerform other related duties as assigned and required by your Line Manager/Owner.
Organization | Attention to standards and detail | Ability to stand for extended periods of time | Ability to reach, bend, stoop and kneel | Oral communication skills | Written communication skills | Reasoning skills
Prior cleaning experience helpful but not essential
Certification / Licenses
Hold current valid Driving License if required | Be willing to undertake a DBS check
Position Reports To
Their Team Leader / Line Manager and is responsible to the owner.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria
The following personal attitudes are considered essential to the post of Cleaning Team Member;
- Clean and Presentable
Staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. Staff are expected to respect the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
Hours of Work
Usually between 0900 and 1445 (Part time)
This job outline is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Company.
All staff understand that the company operates a strictly no smoking environment.
Bizzy Bodyz is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The sole criterion for the selection of applicants will be suitability for the job position, regardless of gender,
background, culture, ethnic denomination, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, marital status or disability.