Purpose of the Role: To share with other staff in providing a premium quality ironing service to discerning Customers.
The following list illustrates the types of duties that an Ironing Operative may be required to undertake.
Staff are required:
- To iron Customers’ garments to the highest standard.
- To inspect all garments prior to ironing and ensure that any problems are reported on the “Inspection Slip”.
- To ensure Quality control, by inspection of garments prior to wrapping and packing to ensure total quality to our Customers.
- To ensure productivity targets are met.
- To maintain your Operator’s area under a clean room environment, which encompasses a strict no smoking policy.
- To ensure hands are washed before commencing work, after eating or drinking and following the use of the toilet.
- To ensure your workstation is kept clean and to the highest standard, including work tops and floors.
- To wear approved Company provided work wear, Polo shirt and fleece jacket; ensuring that it, and yourself are presented in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- To promptly report any problems to your Supervisor or Manager, i.e. equipment failure or deterioration.
- To conform to all polices and procedures laid down by the company.
- To undertake training as required.
- To undertake any other duties that are reasonably required.
Each Workstation comprises of the following;-
- Ironing Board and Iron
- Water Receptacle
- Hanging Garment Rail
- Note Board and Pen
- Coat Hangers
- Trouser Guards
- Foam coat hangar covers
Organization | Attention to standards and detail | Ability to stand for extended periods of time | Ability to reach, bend, stoop and kneel | Oral communication skills | Written communication skills | Reasoning skills
Position Reports To
Their Team Leader / Line Manager and is responsible to the owner.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria
The following personal attitudes are considered essential to the post of Ironing Operator;
- Clean and Presentable
Staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. Staff are expected to respect the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Staff must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974.
Hours of Work
Usually between 09:00 and 16:45 and could be full-time or part-time.
This job outline is not intended to be exhaustive and may be revised from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Company.
All staff understand that the company operates a strictly no smoking environment.
Bizzy Bodyz is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The sole criterion for the selection of applicants will be suitability for the job position, regardless of gender,
background, culture, ethnic denomination, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, marital status or disability.